I remember when I was only a kid, one of my favorite parts of the new year’s holiday was making doughnuts by my mom. She was always making fried ones and since then I love fried doughnuts, but now I try to eat less because of low metabolism and gaining weight easily, so I tried this baked cinnamon doughnut just to help my craving but it came out really good. It is very simple to make, light, fluffy, and delicious, and because it is oven-baked so there is no extra oil. Less fat less sweetness, Heaven!!!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
I/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 extra-large or 2 small eggs beaten
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons butter all beaten together
- Preheat the oven at 350 F or 175 C
- Mix all dry ingredients together and set them aside.
- beat the eggs and add the milk, beat together.
- Add vanilla extract and oil then beat altogether.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir till well combined.
- Pour into doughnut pan (really good if you don’t have it in your pantry, for sure you need one), grease them first
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Let them cool down then remove them from the pan. After completely cooling roll into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Mix one cup of sugar with 3 tablespoons of cinnamon and roll donuts in it.
- If you like you can first dip in the melted butter and then roll in sugar. I didn’t dip, just rolled in sugar plus cinnamon but rolling in butter also helps for better taste.