Today, I will share an amazing taste from Italian cuisine with you. Did you guess??? Yes, it’s Focaccia Bread. This flatbread which has known and loved in Italy and abroad, has different versions, the most popular is rosemary and olive oil but there are other kinds with tomato and olive oil, honey, cheese, and different other versions also. Today, I have the common version with rosemary and olive oil. Hope you like it. Share your pictures with me on Instagram @almond.pastry.ca and I will share your experiences.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/8 teaspoons instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (or more if you desire)
- A bit flake sea salt (for topping)
- Heat the water to about 40-degree centigrade. Transfer it into a glass bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix to dissolve the sugar
- Add the yeast, don’t mix, leave it on the table for about 10 minutes till yeast gets smoother and starts the activity. It shows that your yeast is ready and active. Otherwise, change the yeast and buy the fresh and new one. Take a note please that never mix the yeast in metal or plastic bowl. Always use a glass bowl.
- Pour in the flour and salt into the yeast mixture and make the dough.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and leave in room temperature for about 2 hours till doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough in an 8 inches oiled round pan.
- Cover and rest at room temperature till rising again.
- Heat the oven to 450-degree F.
- Drizzle with olive oil and dimple with your fingers deeply. You will feel your finger touching the pan.
- Sprinkle the herb and salt flakes and leave in the oven for about 25 minutes or till it’s golden.