When I was a student whatever I learned about a gluten-free diet, was about writing meal plans for people who were suffering from celiac diseases or people with gluten sensitivity. These days it has gone over and over and it has become a trend now more than being a dietetic solution, so many people like to follow it because they feel better when they don’t eat gluten. wherever you go these days such as restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, and pastries as well, you can find at least one or two gluten-free option to choose, even you can see many specialized gluten-free bakeries and grocery shops too. If following completely gluten-free diet is healthy for everyone or not, is another story which has to be discussed in details but what is obvious, when there are many allergic people around the world who have to choose non allergic food and gluten-free products as well, it means that they need variety to not be bored and also they need to have special recipes on their recipe book to keep for special occasions such as Friday nights to enjoy their movies on the couch or for a party with special friends.
Today I’d like to share with you this peach pie that you will die for, especially for its rich and strong almond flavor. Even writing this article is mouth-watering let alone the smell of pie inside your home.
Gluten-free peach pie with almond cream
- Rice flour 250 g
- Almond powder 60 g
- Powdered sugar 60 g
- Butter (softened) 60 g
- Egg 2
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
For the almond cream:
- Almond powder 150 g
- Powdered sugar 50 g
- Egg 1
- Butter (softened) 50 g
- Peach 3-4 pieces
- Mix the softened butter and sugar and sift till combine perfectly.
- Add one egg at a time and mix.
- Gradually add the almond powder, rice flour, and salt.
- Stir all ingredients and make a very soft and homogeneous dough. Wrap it with a plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180˚
- After half an hour resting in the fridge take out the dough and roll it into the pie mold.
- Put a parchment paper on dough and fill with some beans to avoid more rising.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
At this time prepare your almond cream:
- Slice peaches into thin slices.
- Stir the butter and sugar till well combined.
- Add the egg and mix.
- At the end add the almond powder and stir properly to make a smooth cream.
- After 15 minutes pull the baked dough out of the oven and pour the almond cream and set the peach slices on it.
- Bake for more 10 minutes.
- Unmold the pie and serve it.
It is unbelievably yummy. The taste of almond is incredible. If you like you can add a few drops of almond flavor or even butter flavor, but believe me it doesn’t even need anything artificial, it has a natural delightful taste.
If you like you can replace peach with apricot or any other summer fruit or even conserved fruits.
Don’t forget to leave the comments for me about your experiences.