I am totally a fan of lemon flavor but most of the time desserts made with lemon are very sweet. This recipe has an amazing sweet: lemon ratio, not very sweet nor sour. The whole house smells lemon you must try. I made it a few nights ago and wrapped put it on the counter for another day’s coffee time but the picture I face the other morning was an almost empty plate with only 2 pieces of cake left. It has been disappeared overnight after the parents went to bed!!!!
It is time to make and enjoy it with your Saturday movie and coffee or with your Sunday book and coffee.
Let’s do it:
- ½ cup vegetable oil (you can use the same amount of melted butter, but I prefer vegetable oil)
- 1 cup sugar (I reduced the amount of sugar to 1 cup and the taste is really good not very sweet if you like it less sweet use ¾ cup sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 3 lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (you can add more if you like poppy seeds, but this amount is perfect)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven at 375 ˚F.
- Grease the loaf cake pan (pound cake) and put aside.
- Mix oil and sugar properly.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and milk, beat a little bit.
- Add poppy seeds, baking powder, and flour mix properly.
- Pour the batter in the mold and bake about one hour, or till the surface is golden.
- Let it cool in the pan then unmolded it.