Matcha powder is green tea powder. It has a lot of nutritional values such as a good source of antioxidants and fiber but on the other hand, it has a bitter taste and if you add more to your recipe you will need to add more sugar as well. You can make cakes, cookies, latte, and tea.
- Please put the egg, milk, butter at room temperature at least half an hour in advance.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180 ˚C, but when you put the cake in the oven reduce the heat to 170˚
¾ cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
4 eggs beaten
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons matcha powder
¼ cup warm milk
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter till getting creamy
- Add sugar and beat till getting fluffy and creamy
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and gradually add in the butter mixture while the mixer is working.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt then beat till well combined.
- Add the heated milk to the matcha powder in a bowl and mix well till have a soft mixture, this is the best way to dissolve the matcha.
- Add 1/3 of the cake batter to the matcha mixture and mix well.
- Then add 4-5 spoons of the matcha mixture to the remaining 2/3 of the cake batter (1 tablespoon at a time to the different parts of the batter)
- Fold the batter with a spatula to form a marble batter.
- Transfer this mixture to the prepared loaf pan.
- With a help of a knife make a line on top of the cake just to help to release the steam and raising better.
- Bake for one hour or till the cake tester comes out clean. (it is normal to take 1 hour and a half based on the oven)
- Let it cool before unmolding.