I don’t know how much you love bread, but I’m a bread lover. I can live without any kind of food, fruit, vegetable and even meat but I can’t imagine a day without bread. Because of that everyday, I try to find a new type and generation of this lovely food for making variety and to not be bored!!!! But I had never thought that mixture of dough, chocolate, and nut could give out this amazing taste and texture.
The smell, softness, and beauty of this product will make you addicted and kids also will die for. Believe me!!!!!!
It is simply too pretty to eat. You can serve it at breakfast or as a dessert.
For the bread dough:
- Warm milk 2/3 cup or 160 gr
- Granulated sugar 1 tablespoon or 12 gr
- Active dry yeast 2 ¼ teaspoons or 7 gr
- All-purpose flour 3 ¼ cups or 406 gr
- Unsalted butter, melted ¼ cup or 57 gr
- Egg 2 large or 100 gr
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Nutella ½ cup or 128 gr
- ½ cup or 57 gr finely chopped hazelnuts
Preparing the dough:
- In a glass bowl combine warm water, sugar, and yeast and let it stand for 10 minutes until mixture is foamy. It shows the yeast is ready and active.
- Transfer the yeast mixture into a bigger bowl and add 1 cup of flour, beat till combined.
- Add melted butter and ½ cup flour and beat again till combined.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add salt and remaining flour (1 ¾ cups), beating till a soft dough forms. (Dough will be sticky)
- Oil spray a large bowl and put the dough inside, cover loosely and set in room temperature or a warm place to rise and doubled in size, about one hour.
Preparing the bread:
Spray a 10-inch round cake pan with cooking spray
Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and gently shape it into a ball. (Dough is extremely soft)
Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
Roll dough into a rectangle (14*16 inches).
Spread Nutella onto the dough, leaving about ½ inches border on all sides and sprinkle the hazelnuts.
Starting with a long side, roll up the dough and press the edges to seal.
Place the dough on a cutting board, seam side down.
Cut the roll in half lengthwise and twist dough pieces around each other and form into a circle.
Place in a cake pan, cut side up.
Cover and let rise in room temperature until doubled in size. (About 45 minutes)
Preheat the oven to 350˚F or 180˚C.
Bake until golden brown or about 45 minutes to one hour.
You can cover it with foil during baking to prevent more browning.
Let it cool in the pan before serving.