These days that everybody is home (Quarantine because of Coronavirus), I’m trying to share the new recipes which are good also for kids to share the kitchen with you in order to bake and learn a new skill and also be active at home. My daughter works on different recipes and she enjoys that. Every day she comes with something new and every time she can surprise me with another awesome product. Tonight, she came to me and asked me about a list of ingredients that thank God we had in the fridge because we try to not go out except for essentials. She prepared all the ingredients and start making the cookie. The smell of dough pushed me to the kitchen, and I faced an interesting scene and the result was incredible. I will leave the decision to you, try and experience this taste by yourself and share your experiences with me. The only thing I can say, this cookie is something you will be addicted to, and your kids will die for.
- Eggs 2
- Vegetable oil 117 gr
- Butter 125 gr (softened at room temperature)
- Sugar 300 gr
- Orange (We used bloody orange) 1 (we will use the whole orange with peel)
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- (optional, because the cookie has a very nice orange flavor, it is not a must to use vanilla extract)
- Flour 4 cups
- Chocolate chips 1 cup
- Preheat the oven at 175˚C or 350 ˚
- Wash the orange properly because you will use it with the peel. Cut it into 4 and put it in a food processor. Don’t worry everything is fine!!! It gives the cookies the incredible taste and soft texture.
- Add eggs
- Add softened butter and vegetable oil
- Add sugar
- Mix all together in the food processor. It will be liquid. All orange and its peel will be pureed and maybe you can only see very tiny pieces of the peel which is not a big issue.
- Transfer this mixture into a bowl and add vanilla extract (if you use any), chocolate chips and baking powder.
- Add the flour gradually till making a soft dough.
- The dough is not sticky, but it is soft, don’t add a lot of flour.
- Then take about one scoop of dough make a ball and put on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Leave a bit of space between cookies. They don’t get very big but still, you need a bit of space between them.
- Bake them for about 10 minutes at 175˚C or 350 ˚
- It gives you about 75 mini cookies.
A SOFT AND NON STICKY DOUGH
BALL SHAPE COOKIES ON BAKING SHEET
ORANGE COOKIES READY TO EAT