Yes! It is correct ZUCCHINI. Why not? When we can make amazing cakes with spinach, carrot, pumpkin and other vegetables why we don’t try zucchini. It has an amazingly soft texture; incredible taste and it is really moist. Let’s start!
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Cinnamon powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt 1/8 teaspoon
- Baking powder 2 1/2 teaspoons
- Egg 3
- Sugar 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 1 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Lemon zest 1 teaspoon (1 lime or Lemon zest)
- Shredded Zucchini 2 cups
- Chopped walnuts 1 cup
- Preheat the oven at 350 ˚F
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the sugar and beat at high speed.
- Add vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat till well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture gradually and beat.
- Stir in zucchini and walnut and mix with the help of a spatula.
- Pour the batter in an oiled 20*30 cm pan.
- Bake for one hour or till the tester comes out clean. (60-75 minutes)
I used a Pyrex 20*30*8 cm as a cake pan.
Zest the zucchini at the time you are adding to a batter to avoid extracting more water.
You can substitute one cup of zucchini with one cup of shredded carrot. This mixture also provides an amazing taste, but zucchini alone gives a very moist and soft texture.